In most cases, emergency stretchers are used in ambulances and around hospital settings for the quick carrying of unconscious patients who need immediate assistance. The stretcher itself is a lifesaver because it facilitates the easier movement of patients.
Features of emergency stretchers
In this article, we are going to look at the main features that make an emergency stretcher efficient and reliable as compared to other kinds of stretchers.
- Can easily be folded – One of the excellent features of an emergency stretcher is its ability to fold both in length and width. This makes it easy to park or move around.
- It has a waterproof fabric – The fabric used is usually waterproof and does not crack easily. Thus, the stretcher cannot be destroyed when liquids spill on it.
- It is light in weight – An emergency stretcher is light in weight to make them easy to move around with minimum effort. As light as it is in weight, it can still be used to carry heavy patients without the risk of breaking it since it is very strong.
- Made of strong material – An emergency stretcher is usually made of aluminium alloy, which is a strong and durable metal. The metal does not rust and has a long lifespan. Moreover, the metal does not easily bend and can support heavyweights.
- Easy to clean the fabric – The fabric is dirt-resistant and the top dirt can easily be wiped off using a piece of wet cloth. It is also easy to sanitise and can be used in cases with many victims.
- It is small in size – The fact that it is small in size coupled with the ability to fold makes it easy to move the emergency stretcher even in small spaces.
- It has a fireproof fabric – One of the other unique features of an emergency stretcher is that it has fireproof fabric. This is very helpful in cases where an injured victim needs to be vacated from a burning room.
How much does an emergency stretcher cost?
Emergency stretchers exist in different varieties. The price will depend on the kind of emergency stretcher that you want to buy. Most importantly you must check to see if it has most of the mentioned features above. The more features it has, the more expensive it becomes as well as more reliable.
Moreover, you will find out that every company has a slightly different price than the other. It is upon you to find a suitable firm that offers the emergency stretcher at an affordable price. For instance, if you want to buy the emergency stretchers in bulk, you should approach a given company and engage in negotiations with them. They might end up giving the stretchers at a discount thus saving you a lot of money for other things. Fast and easy access to a medical facility should be among the top agendas of any state. Thus, the state should ensure that emergency stretchers are available in every state medical facility.
Emergency stretchers should be among the priorities of any medical facility in any state. It makes it easy to transport patients with extreme complications from one department to the next until they receive the right kind of assistance to stabilise them. Comparing the benefits and the limitations that an emergency stretcher has, the benefits supersede the disadvantages and is worth investing in.